Colleen Helmlinger is a Shareholder at Snee, Lutche, Helmlinger & Spielberger, P.A., and has been a dedicated member of the local legal community for many years, as well as a board member for several charities and non-profit organizations in the community.
Her practice is concentrated in corporate mergers and acquisitions, real estate acquisition and development, commercial law, trademarks, and representation of liquor licensees and non-profit organizations. She is a former Co-Chair of the Legislative Committee for the Harford County Chamber of Commerce for which she served the past three years, a former chair for the Pro-Bono Committee for the Harford County Bar Association, a former board member of the Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna, Inc. and of Harford Family House, Inc. and a current member of the Chesapeake Professional Women’s Network and the Women’s Giving Circle of Harford County.
Colleen is a devoted wife to her husband and a loving mother to her two children. Outside of work, she loves walking her dogs, watching good movies with family and friends, and listening to music while eating steamed crabs and relaxing around the fire pit.
Want to get to know Colleen a little better? Check out this Q&A below for a closer look at one of our dedicated SLH Shareholders:
- If you were a dog, you would be a… golden retriever, for sure!
- What superpower do you wish you had? The ability to read minds, or to see into the future.
- How many shoes do you own? My husband would say far too many!
- What words do you live by? Work hard, play hard.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? When people text and use their phone at the dinner table or other social gatherings…interact with people in real life, please!
- Do you have a favorite family tradition? Christmas Eve with my immediate and extended family.
- What are your favorite books, and are you currently reading anything? I love anything by Nicholas Sparks. I just read “Two by Two”, but I am presently reading the “White Princess” and I’m really enjoying it.
- If you could wake up tomorrow and be in someone else’s body, who would you be? I’d like to be Michael Bublé.
- In your spare time, you dabble in… cooking!
- What is your guilty pleasure? The TV show “Outlander.”
- Any benign vices? Definitely chocolate and beer.
- What makes you cringe? Chalk on a chalkboard.
- Do you have a go-to karaoke song? Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline”
- The best part of your job is… the people I work with.
- A quote that everyone should live by is… pay it forward.
- Your favorite character in a movie? Jack Dawson, from “Titanic.”
- Your least favorite trend right now is… Twitter.
- What was your favorite movie as a child… I loved “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.”
- What about your favorite bad TV show? “Baby Daddy” is so hilarious.
- If you had more time, what would you do more often? Walk my dogs, and exercise.