Premiere, Exceptional And Unsurpassed Legal Services For Every Client, Every Day
Colleen Ferg Helmlinger
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Estate Planning
Colleen Ferg Helmlinger is an esteemed member of the local legal community who has served, or serves currently on a variety of boards, memberships and committees for charities and professional organizations.
She is described by clients and colleagues as being a very engaged and communicative attorney who is adept at finding solutions to problems on behalf of those she serves.
She concentrates her practice in corporate mergers and acquisitions, real estate acquisition and development, commercial law, and non-profit organizations. She represents clients in business formations, preparation of MBE certification applications, corporate cleanup, maintenance, and transactional work, trademark filings, commercial financing for lenders or borrowers, preparation of tax exempt applications for non-profit organizations. Colleen's practice involves considerable emphasis on representation of entrepreneurs and existing small businesses including buy-sell agreements for businesses consistent with estate planning documents of its individual owners.
She is a former chair for the Pro-Bono Committee for the Harford County Bar Association, current co-chair and speaker of the CLE Committee of the Harford County Bar Association, a former board member for the Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna, Inc., a former board member for Harford Family House, Inc. and a member of the Chesapeake Professional Women's Network and the Women's Giving Circle of Harford County. She most-recently served as Co-Chair of the Legislative Committee for the Harford County Chamber of Commerce. Colleen also volunteers as a speaker and mentor for The Ground Floor, counseling entrepreneurs as well as a guest speaker for Harford County Economic Development Advisory Board (EDAB), the Harford County Housing Agency and the Harford County Office of Aging.
Outside of work, she can frequently be found at fundraisers and other events supporting the local organizations she is passionate about. She and her husband, Walt are big fans of the Ravens, the Orioles, Terps and Washington Capitals, and frequently attends musical concerts along with their adult children.
Mrs. Helmlinger is a shareholder of Snee, Lutche, Helmlinger & Spielberger, P.A.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 1992
- University of Baltimore
- B.A. - 1986
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Jurisprudence
- Villa Julie College
- A.A. - 1984
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Paralegal Studies
- The Catholic High School of Baltimore, 1982
- Maryland, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1993
- United States Supreme Court, 1996
- Legal Elite Readers Pick Top Local Attorneys, Baltimore Smart CEO, November 2009
Classes & Seminars
- CLE Presentation on Nuts & Bolts of Starting a New Business presented by Harford County Bar Association, May 2019
- Guest Attorney speaker at B.A.I.L., (Banker, Accountant, Insurance & Lawyer Presentation at The Ground Floor for EDAB)
- Harford County Chamber Legislative Committee, Co-Chair, 2015 - 2018, Member 2015 – Present
- Women’s Giving Circle of Harford County, 2013 – Present
- Chesapeake Professional Women’s Network, 2008 – Present
- St. Margaret’s, Parishioner, 1995 – Present
- Harford Family House, Inc., Board Member 2013-2016
- Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna, Inc., Board Member, 2010-2016
- Harford County Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee, Former Chair
- The ARC Northern Chesapeake, former Board member of Foundation Board of Directors
- Home Partnership, former Board Member
- Rockfield Manor, former Board Member
- United Way of Harford County, former Board Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Harford County Bar Association, Member
- University of Baltimore Alumni Association Law Liaison Committee, Co-Chair, 1999-2000
- University of Baltimore Alumni Association, Board of Governors, 1997- Present
- University of Baltimore School of Law Alumni Association, 1992 - Present