Stephen W. Lutche
Stephen W. Lutche has developed a reputation in Harford County for his legal work in real estate and contracts, but also maintains successful business, probate and estate planning practices.
Mr. Lutche concentrates his practice primarily on land development matters, estate planning, and estate administration. He represents clients in commercial and residential subdivision and construction projects, leasing, and general real estate matters. His business practice includes the acquisition or sale of a business, the formation of business entities, and business licensing and regulatory matters.
He is a lifelong resident of Maryland who grew up in Harford County and worked for the County as an attorney early in his career. During that time, he developed extensive experience providing counsel to the Department of Public Works and became well versed with the local construction and development industry. He carried his public experience into private practice where he now represents local developers, builders, contractors, and businesses.
Mr. Lutche has worked at the law firm for twenty-five years and is a Shareholder. He has helped support a number of large commercial, residential, and recreational developments in Harford County and Cecil County that benefit any number of residents on a daily basis.
Outside of the office, Mr. Lutche is most often surrounded by athletics and can be found playing or watching his children or hometown teams play any number of sports. Mr. Lutche and his family are also avid supporters of their local community and a number of charitable organizations.
PRACTICE AREA & AREAS OF FOCUS
- Land Use
- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Western Maryland College, B.A. (1987)
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D. (1990)
- John Carroll High School, 1983
- Admitted to practice before Court of Appeals of Maryland, 1990
- Admitted to practice before United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1991
- Admitted to practice before United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1992
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Harford County Bar Association
- United Way Big Brother Program, 1985-1987
- Harvard University – United Nations Model Assembly Participant, 1986
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1989
- Western Maryland College Dean’s List, 1986
- Political Science Honor Society, 1985-1987
- Prelaw Honor Society, 1985-1987
- Alpha Gamma Tau Fraternity, 1984 – 1987
Vice President - 1987, Secretary – 1986
- Varsity Soccer Team:
- Four-year letterman, 1983 - 1987; Co-captain and Team’s Most Valuable Player, 1986; selected to All-State Teams in 1985 & 1986; All-Conference Team in 1985; set school career scoring record in 1986.
- Varsity Baseball Team:
- Four-year letterman, 1984 - 1987; Gold Glove Award, 1987; Middle Atlantic Conference Champions, 1984; 1984 team inducted into school’s Hall of Fame.
- Keynote Speaker-Distinguished Alumni, 1989 Athletic Banquet John Carroll High School
- Varsity Soccer, Varsity Baseball and Varsity Basketball; various
all-conference and all-county teams.
- Student Council, 1982 - 1983.
- Active alumnus in school and alumni activities
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- John Carroll High School, Board of Trustees - 2018 – Present
- St. Margaret School, Board of Trustees – 2005 – 2013, Board Committee Member 2013 – Present
- Alliance, Inc., Board of Directors Member, 1995 – 2004, Advisory Committee – 2004 – Present, Development & Marketing Committee Member, 1995 – 2004, Golf Tournament Committee, 1996
- Annie McGann Cumpston Playground Foundation, Counsel to Board of Directors 2003 - Present
- Harford United Charities, Inc., Board of Trustees, 2001 - Present
- Harford County Bar Association, Member, 1995 – Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member, 1990 – Present, Young Lawyer’s Section, 1990 – 2004
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Alumni Association, Member, 1987 – Present
- Susana de Moya Foundation, Inc., Counsel to Board of Directors, 2003 - 2008
- Home Partnership, Inc., Board of Directors, 2001 - 2006
- 1998 Election Committee, James M. Harkins, Harford County Executive, Precinct Coordinator for 1998 Election, Coordinated all Harford County precincts in successful election of James M. Harkins for Harford County Executive
- St. Margaret’s Basketball League, Member, 1997- 2013
- American Heart Association, Vice Chair for Annual Harford County Gala 1997 - 2000
- Task Force on the Future Growth of Harford County, Member, 1997 - 1999
- Harford County Property Tax Assessment Appeal Board, Member, 1996 – 2008, Chairperson, 2003 - 2008
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1995 – 2006
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, 1995 – 2005
- Harford County Environmental Advisory Board, Member, 1995 - November 1997
- Knights of Columbus, Bel Air Council, Member, 1995 - 1996
- 1994 Election Committee, Eileen M. Rehrmann, Harford County Executive, Precinct Coordinator for 1994 Election, Coordinated all Harford County precincts in successful re-election of Eileen M. Rehrmann for Harford County Executive
- University of Baltimore Basketball League, League Champions 1991, 1992, Member, 1987 - 1999
- Red Star Soccer Club, State Champions, 1993 Maryland Summer League, Columbia League Champions 1992, 1993, Member, 1984 - 1994