SLHS has broad experience representing and advising individual and corporate clients, in connection with a wide range of business transactions. Our clients include company owners and entrepreneurs, developers, home builders, contractors and engineers.
Our lawyers guide companies through every stage of development from inception of an idea through marketing, licensing and capitalization. We focus on developing and closing complex business deals to meet the unique needs of our clients. SLHS provides counsel in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, membership interest, stock and asset purchases, and disputes between members of LLCs and stockholders of corporations. We provide sophisticated yet practical business advice, assisting business clients in resolving complex legal and business issues in a timely fashion.
SLHS’s business services include:
- Forming limited liability companies, corporations, partnerships, and non-profit organizations
- Acquisition and disposition of businesses and assets
- Assisting in conversions, mergers, reorganizations and dissolutions
- Preparing business agreements, including limited liability operating agreements and shareholders’ agreements among stockholders, employment agreements, and license agreements relating to use, manufacture and distribution
- Assisting in private offerings of equity and debt securities
- Assisting clients in commercial lending as well as state and federal regulatory matters
- Assisting non-profits with IRS forms 1023 and 1024 applications for tax exemptions
- Assisting minority-owned enterprises with MBE certification applications