Laura E. Bechtel
Laura Bechtel is an associate at Snee, Lutche, Helmlinger and Spielberger, P.A. who concentrates her practice primarily on litigation and criminal law.
Ms. Bechtel is described by clients and colleagues as a personable attorney and strong communicator who is quick to address issues and efficiently explain matters to clients. She is a capable litigator who is well versed in the nuances of the local legal system having previously served as the Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge William O. Carr of the Circuit Court for Harford County prior to joining the law firm.
Ms. Bechtel was drawn to the field of law at an early age, and attended Catholic University in the District of Columbia prior to graduating from the University of Baltimore School of Law. She is an active participant in the local Harford County legal community and serves on the board of directors for multiple non-profit organizations.
Outside of the office, Ms. Bechtel is a proud supporter of Notre Dame Football and a self-professed dog lover who has three rescued “mutts.” She enjoys traveling with her husband and son, and is a skilled and avid scuba diver who has the underwater photographs from around the world to prove it.
PRACTICE AREA & AREAS OF FOCUS
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Insurance Law
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D. (2010)
- The Catholic University of America, B.A. (2007)
- Selinsgrove Area High School, 2003
- Admitted to practice before Court of Appeals of Maryland, 2010
- Admitted to practice before United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 2012
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Harford County Bar Association
- 2015 Harford County Bar Foundation Community Outreach Award Winner
- The Catholic University of America, Deans List
- Selinsgrove Area High School, Honor Roll & National Honor Society
Professional and Community Involvement
- Director, The Albert P. Close Foundation, 2011- Present
- Director, Homecoming Project, Inc., 2014- Present
- Director, Bel Air Downtown Alliance, 2016- Present
- University of Baltimore SavorUB Alumni Volunteer
- Harford County Bar Association – DUI Mock Trial Committee, 2011 - Present
- Harford County Bar Association – Civics & Law Academy, 2014 - 2018
- Judge, University of Maryland Mock Trial Program, 2015