Gail D. Spielberger
Gail Spielberger is a well-respected litigator with nearly three decades of experience handling jury and bench trials, mediations, and arbitrations throughout Maryland in both State and Federal Courts.
She focuses her practice primarily on family and employment law. She also handles litigation matters and has worked in the areas of insurance defense, commercial crime and fidelity insurance coverage, products liability, lead paint defense, auto and premises liability, asbestos/mass tort complex litigation, and appeals.
Gail is a member of the Harford County Bar Association and the Maryland State Bar Association. She is very involved in the professional legal community and has presented and published numerous legal educational articles for the American Bar Association among other legal journals. She has been recognized for her commitment to the community for providing Pro Bono services and charitable fundraising.
She is admitted to practice law before the Harford County Bar, the Court of Appeals of Maryland, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, the United States Court of Federal Claims, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Gail was formerly a partner with Whiteford, Taylor & Preston, LLP, and she served as senior in-house counsel for Travelers Insurance Company. She is a graduate of the University of Maryland and obtained her law degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Her interest in the field of law is stemmed in a fundamental interest to make a positive difference in the lives of others by resolving disputes. She describes enjoying her practice most for the ability to be creative and apply abstract reasoning to issues in order to help people solve problems.
Outside of work, Gail is very active and enjoys spending free time hiking, camping and traveling. She resides in Bel Air with her husband, John, and her German Shepherds, Sherman and Grant
Ms. Spielberger is a Shareholder of Snee, Lutche, Helmlinger & Spielberger, P.A.
PRACTICE AREA & AREAS OF FOCUS
- Employment Law
- Family and Domestic Law
- Personal Injury
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- University of Maryland, School of Law, J.D., 1991
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.S., Accounting, 1988
- Admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals of Maryland, 1991
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1991
- Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1997
- Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Federal Claims, 1997
- Member, Harford County Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Publication: 1997 ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Tort and Insurance Practice Section Monograph Contributor: The Most Important Questions A Surety Can Ask About Performance Bonds.
- Publication: 1999 ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Tort and Insurance Practice Section: Back to the Future: Proposed Fidelity Coverage for Financial Institution Bonds and Commercial Crime Policies.
- Speaker: 1999 ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Tort and Insurance Practice Section Midwinter Fidelity Program: What’s Hot in Fidelity Law?
- Speaker and Publication: 2003 Sterling Educational Services, LLC. Water Intrusion and Toxic Mold Claims in Maryland - General Considerations in Representing a Mold Affected Client.
- Speaker and Publication: Construction and Application of Insuring Agreement D, presented at the Northeast Surety & Fidelity Claims Conference, 2004
- Publication: Insured’s Duty to Cooperate, Chapter 18 of the Commercial Crime Policy, 2d Ed., published by the American Bar Association, 2004
- Speaker and Publication: Impairment of Subrogation Rights, presented at the Northeast Surety & Fidelity Claims Conference, 2005
- Speaker and Publication: Formula 419: Cleaning Up Fidelity Bond Claims Arising From The "Nigerian Scam", published in the Fall 2006 ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Newsletter; presented at the 17th Annual Northeast Surety & Fidelity Claims Conference
- Publication: Insurance Neutrality In Asbestos Liability Reorganizations MEALEY'S Asbestos Bankruptcy Report, Vol. 6, #2, September 2006
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Maryland State Board of Law Examiners Character Committee for the Second Appellate Circuit of Maryland, 2017 – Present
- Harford County Bar Association Judicial Nominating Committee, 2017 – Present
- Greater Bel Air Community Foundation, Inc., Member 2015-Present
- Route 40 Business Association, Member 2015-2018
- Circuit Court for Harford County Differentiated Case Management Committee, 2016 – 2017
- Spouse Abuse/Sexual Assault Resource Center, 2002 - 2008