SLHS assists clients involved in every aspect of construction, including owners, developers, public and private contractors and lenders. The firm is experienced in public works projects, heavy industrial complexes as well as malls, retail space and use developments, office buildings, institutions and residential developments, including golf course, communities.
We practice in virtually every phase of construction law, from the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts to the presentation of claims and the litigation of construction and surety disputes. Many factors, ranging from the emergence of new specialties, such as claims consultant and construction manager, to increased competitive bidding, have resulted in a dramatic increase in litigation and arbitration.
The attorneys at SLHS inform and educate clients, thereby averting many potential problems and effectively represent the clients’ best interests when litigation is necessary.
SLHS ’s construction services include:
- Contract negotiation
- Contract document drafting and review
- Architect engineer oversight
- State and federal contract claims
- Building failures
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Contract claims management and litigation
- Performance and payment bond defaults’
- Mechanic’s liens
- State and federal regulatory compliance
- (MDE / Army Corps of Engineers)